The first dance as a married couple is a special moment that will be remembered for years to come. Choosing the right song can be a difficult decision, as it should be a reflection of your relationship and set the tone for the rest of the evening. Here are some tips to help you choose the perfect first dance wedding song.
- Consider Your Relationship Think about the music that you both enjoy and the songs that hold sentimental value to your relationship. Your first dance song should reflect your love story and the unique bond you share. Take some time to listen to your favorite songs together and see if there is one that stands out as the perfect choice.
- Consider the Genre The genre of music you choose will set the mood for your first dance. Decide if you want a slow, romantic ballad, or if you prefer something more upbeat and lively. Your choice of genre should reflect your personal style and preferences.
- Consider the Lyrics Pay attention to the lyrics of the song you choose. You want the words to be meaningful and reflective of your relationship. Avoid songs that are overly sentimental or have negative connotations.
- Consider the Length Your first dance should be long enough to be memorable but not so long that it becomes awkward or boring. Choose a song that is no more than three to four minutes in length.
- Consider the Beat Your first dance should be enjoyable and easy to dance to. Choose a song with a steady beat that is easy to follow. If you are not confident with your dance skills, consider taking some dance lessons to prepare for your first dance.
- Consider the Mood Your first dance should set the tone for the rest of the evening. Consider the overall mood you want to create and choose a song that fits that mood. If you want a romantic and intimate atmosphere, choose a slow ballad. If you want a lively and energetic atmosphere, choose an upbeat song.
- Consider the Audience Remember that your first dance is not just for you but for your guests as well. Choose a song that your guests can enjoy and that will get them in the mood to dance. It’s also important to consider the lyrics and whether they are appropriate for all ages.
Some popular first dance wedding songs include “At Last” by Etta James, “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley, “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri, and “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran. Ultimately, the perfect first dance song is one that is meaningful and special to you as a couple. Take your time to choose the right song and enjoy this special moment with your partner on your big day.